Short Everest Trek
Short Everest Trek
|Duration : 7 days||Accommodation : Standard | Deluxe hotel | Lodges|
|Season : Sept – June||Transport : Flight | Private vehicle|
About Short Everest Trek
A short trek designed for very limited time frame travelers. If you’re willing to trek to Nepal’s Everest region but aren’t confident because of the time limitations, then Short Everest Trek is for you. Walk along the route that brings you to the famous Everest region’s trading hub – Namche Bazaar to discover people in the mountainous area of Nepal and their lifestyle. Your walk up to the Everest View Hotel will present you with a nice view of the Everest region’s mountains such as Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Thamerku, and Mt. Ama Dablam, as well as other mountains in Nepal’s Everest region.
Short Everest trek begins with a stimulating flight to Lukla. It’s a great opportunity to fly over the beautiful landscape with adjacent mountain panorama views. A terrifying yet exciting landing on a narrow runway in a spectacular landscape is an adventure. You descend to the Dudhkodhi River when you land in Lukla and ascend along a well-paved route to Phakding. Going forward along the woods of rhododendron, we pass suspension bridges across the Dudhkodhi River and enter the Sagarmatha National Park. In order to reach Namche, we cross the villages like Monjo and Jorsale. A significant feature of this trek is the visit to Syangboche airport, Kunde hospital and a museum with picture gallery on the way back from Namche.
Short Everest Trek is one of the easiest trips to Nepal’s Everest Region Trek. Anyone can also opt out for this trek if they have low physical endurance capacity. There is also a very low risk of altitude sickness suffering. It’s an simple, pleasant, adventure and truly gorgeous trip.
Similar Treks in Everest Region Trek
Everest Base Camp (16 days)
Gokyo Lake Renjo La Pass
DAY 01: ARRIVE KATHMANDU, NEPAL
You will be welcomed by one of the officials of our company upon your arrival. He’ll assist your transfer to your Kathmandu lodging. Today there are no scheduled events, so you can rest and get your bearings at the hotel. Further plans and programs about the journey will also be briefed to you by the official.
Day 02 - Kathmandu to Lukla Flight and Phakding Altitude: 2,800m/9184ft (Lukla) and 2,652m/8,698ft (Phakding), Flight time: 35 min, Walking Distance: 8 km (3 hrs)
Today we drive to airport for our flight to the Lukla flight airport at 5:00 AM. The flight to Lukla is in itself a life-time experience. The airfield is highly elevated and only about an exceptional 60 meters is the difference between the two ends of the runway. From Lukla, with the view of Kusum Kangraru, we walk to Phakding with an amazing green landscape. Stay overnight at the lodge – Breakfast lunch and dinner included.
Day 03 - Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11283ft) Duration: 6 hours
We follow Dudh Koshi ascending to the celebrated village of Namche Bazaar through the Himalayan pine and cedar forests. Namche Village is a trading post where salt, dry meat and textiles are traded by Nepalese and Tibetan traders. We catch our first glimpses of Everest and adjacent mountains on the trek. Overnight at Guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 04 - Namche Bazaar - Day Hike (Everest View Hotel and Khumjung/Khunde)
We’re going to hike to Syangboche Airport (3700 m), expected to be the world’s highest airport, then proceed to climb to Everest View Hotel for excellent panoramic sights of the Everest, Lhotse, Amadablam, Tawache etc. We proceed to the traditional Sherpa settlements of Khumjung / Khunde after experiencing the scenery and resting. On the way back we explore the Sherpa Culture Museum and Everest Photo Gallery. Overnight at Guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 05 - Namche to Lukla (2800m) 7-8 hrs
The trek continues along the Dudh Kosi River to Lukla’s small mountain airstrip, where you will take your flight back to Kathmandu. Overnight at Guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 06 - Lukla to Kathmandu
Bidding farewell to the mountains with a 30-minutes amazing scenic flight back to Kathmandu. Upon arriving back at Kathmandu, you will be transferred to your hotel. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
Day 07 - Farewell
You will be transported to the airport three hours before your scheduled flight by one of the officials from our company, from where you will leave with lovely travel experiences. Including breakfast.
- All ground transport in a private vehicle including airport transfers
- Two nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu city tours, including all entry fees, tour guide and private transportation
- Three daily meals with tea/coffee (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge for accommodation during the trek. Private bathrooms with hot showers are provided at Phakding, Namche and Lukla
- Snacks of seasonal fruits during the trek
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide. Porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary and equipment. Accident insurance for all staff
- Round trip flight Kathmandu – Lukla / Lukla – Kathmandu including departure taxes
- Down jacket and sleeping bag use while trekking
- Duffle bag for trekking
- Trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medicine kit
- Sagarmatha National Park Permit fee
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Meals not specified in the ‘Meal Inclusions’ in the above itinerary
- Personal Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa. You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. A multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent in foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 passport-size photos.
- Soft drinks including water
- Snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot showers during the trek except when in Phakding, Namche and Lukla
- Personal trekking equipment
- WiFi internet and phone call unless its free.
- Tips and gratuities for trekking staff and drivers
Cost & Dates
Group tours are unavailable for this trip, however, you can opt for the private trip. The private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with your query now.